AMERICAN CONCRETE PAVEMENT ASSOCIATION, COLORADO/WYOMING CHAPTER
6880 South Yosemite Court, Suite 100 Centennial, Colorado 80112 USA
PHONE NUMBER: 303-297-1789 FAX NUMBER: 303-290-8008
ACPA Colorado/Wyoming Seeks Executive Director
The American Concrete Pavement Association – Colorado/ Wyoming Chapter is seeking an Executive Director responsible for planning and implementing programs focused on expanding the use of concrete pavements in the construction, rehabilitation, airports, streets and roads and industrial facilities and maintenance of highways throughout the Colorado and Wyoming.
Responsible for providing technical support to paving contractors and working closely with Colorado and Wyoming Departments of Transportation, city and county agencies, industry associations, and other related organizations.
Position requires demonstrated expertise/experience in paving (preferably with strong design, construction, and materials background); technology transfer/implementation; program management. BS in Civil Engineering is a must; Professional Engineer preferred. Must have strong presentation and writing skills and be willing to travel a minimum 25 percent. Individual will work from the chapter’s Colorado office.
Specific duties and responsibilities are focused on developing and implementing efforts focused on:
· Long-term performance – addressing key initiatives and issues relating to concrete pavement durability, constructability, design, first-cost and life-cycle costs, maintenance, warranties, and other relevant issues.
· Traffic management –further developing and transferring technology and best practices for managing concrete construction/rehabilitation under traffic conditions.
· Innovation – building on the successes of Fast Track methodologies, white topping and other concrete overlay technology, recycling, ride specs, and performance incentives to assist in the development and use of innovative PCC pavement products, processes, and practices in the paving market.
· Quality – providing leadership through highly-visible presence and proactive involvement with state and national quality initiatives with the aim of ensuring compliance, fostering industry support, partnering with industry stakeholders, and an objective consideration of paving products.
· Mechanistic Design – providing leadership through proactive involvement with and among all stakeholders (AASHTO, CDOT, WyDot, ACPA, Local Agencies, and other public-private partners) to implement mechanistic design programs and tools. Familiarity/experience with AASHTOWare Pavement ME Design is a plus.
Position also requires identifying, addressing, and communicating short-term (early warning) and long-range strategies and opportunities related to highway pavement construction and rehabilitation. Responsible for implementing the Strategic Plan and competing for fair market share.
Ideal candidate will provide strong leadership and support to the industry’s R&D program, including technology transfer, technology implementation, training, and education.
Also must be familiar with federal and state governmental (legislative and executive) initiatives, funding mechanisms, and activities relating to highways construction/rehabilitation. Candidates with experience in effective public advocacy will be given strong consideration.
Send confidential resume/salary history to:
American Concrete Pavement Association, Colorado Wyoming Chapter
6880 South Yosemite Court
Centennial, Colorado 80112